At Tech Station, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the information you share with us.
This policy explains how and when we collect personal information, and why we do so. We may change this policy from time to time so please occasionally check back to ensure you’re happy with any changes. By using our website or other services, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
This policy has been updated in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who are we?
Tech Station Limited is an I.T. support company and provider of I.T. equipment, services & solutions. The company was established in 2008. Tech Station Limited is registered in the United Kingdom under company number 6672220. The registered address is Unit 5 Meadows Drive, Staveley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 3LH.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information from you in numerous instances such as:
- When you contact us via telephone to request assistance of services or products.
- When you visit our place of business and provide us with the information necessary to carry out your request such as booking in of equipment for repair.
- When we visit you and you require us to document your configurations and information.
- When we backup your personal data to transfer to rectified equipment or within our data recovery procedures to enable us to carry out our duties on your behalf.
- When we setup third party accounts on your behalf such as email accounts, antivirus ect or any other similar activity to enable us to carry out our duties on your behalf.
- For our B2B contract customers we may document aspects of your computer systems and network configurations as if we were your in house I.T. department. This is required to carry out our contracted obligations and provide the services expected.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, company, job title, email address, IP address, and information regarding personal accounts along with passwords etc. for I.T. related services. This information enables us to carry out our duties on your behalf.
We only collect the relevant amount of information necessary for the purpose in which the data is being collected. Therefore, if you are contacting us regarding the purchase of our products and services, we need to know certain details to allow us to contact you and progress with your enquiry.
In repairing your computer equipment we may need to backup or recover your personal data.
How is your information used?
We may use your personal information to:
- Contact you regarding our products or services;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested.
- We may keep a copy of your backed up or recovered data for a period of time before this is securely wiped or overwritten.
- Process a job application.
We regularly review our retention periods, and are committed to only holding your information for as long as necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, share or rent your information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may, from time to time, share your information with a select number of our trusted partners, in order to further any requests with you.
How do you control the information we hold about you?
It is up to you how we use your data and what data we hold on you. You can request for your information to be deleted from our systems. To make a request to do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not contact you for any marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent for us to do so. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by email email@example.com.
Accessing your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us, and we strive to ensure that we hold the correct information about you. If you wish to view the information we hold about you, or make an update or change to your personal details, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our employees are regularly reminded about the importance we place on privacy and what they can do to ensure our customers’ information is protected. We conform to terms of and are registered under the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment. If you have any questions about the security at our premises or website, you can contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Notification of Changes
If at any point we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users by way of an email or phone call.